2.09.2007

04.02.05

It’s Saturday April 2, 2005 and I’m sitting here writing to you so I can put this in your scrapbook. Our cat Meister is running around like a crazy cat trying to play fetch with me right now. I am a day away from being twenty-two weeks along in this pregnancy and I am finally starting to feel good. I spent the first three months of this pregnancy vomiting over half of the meals I consumed. Your dad was convinced that since I was getting so sick you were for sure going to be a boy. Your dad said right away he hoped you were a boy but I wasn’t sure yet what I wanted. I think I figured it out about a week before we found out what you were. I was driving up the road one day in March and I saw a little boy about 5 years old standing outside in his Spiderman Halloween costume. That got me thinking and I realized that I didn’t want to spend the next ten years having to make princess dresses for Halloween. I waited until about four o’clock in the morning to wake up your father and ask him what he was for Halloween. His answer was a baseball player, a baseball player, Robin, a baseball player. Immediately I got excited at the idea of dressing you and your dad up as baseball players for Halloween. I started to dream of Batmans, Spidermans, Cowboys and Indians and I just knew you were a boy. The day we found out you were a boy both of us were so happy. We couldn’t wait to start decorating your bedroom. I have been able to feel you move for about a month now and it is very weird. Sometimes I can tell you are defiantly kicking me. Other times it feels like you are just splashing around in there as though you were in a swimming pool. When we went in for your sonogram we were able to see you move around inside me. The lady doing the sonogram was pushing the equipment into my belly was near your head and we could see you getting frustrated that she was pushing the equipment on your head. So you started trying to jump up and head butt the area that was pushing you. We could even see you start stomping up and down. It was so cute. Sometimes when I feel you move I wonder if it is something I ate or drank making you move. I don’t eat spicy food so I wonder if you will like it. I can’t wait to find out what you are going to looks like. I have been dreaming about you and I can’t wait to find out if you look like how I dreamed you. One of my favorite things about waiting for you to come is buying you little clothes. I get really excited about the little tiny socks. I think dad is the most excited about getting to teach you how to play baseball.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. COPYRIGHT SHANNON MATEO 2007 DON'T STEAL MY SHIT FUCKERS!

Words I can say

  • Apple
  • Shoe
  • Hot
  • Bye
  • No
  • Ya
  • Baby
  • F**k
  • Sh*t
  • Ball
  • Whoah
  • Uh Oh
  • Cheese
  • Cheeto's
  • Pees (Please)
  • Dog
  • Thanks
  • Mine
  • Nose
  • Papa
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Shannon
  • Elmo