2.09.2007

05.26.05

Hello Son.
It is Thursday May 26th 2005. I’m just a little over 30 weeks pregnant now. Your room is all ready for you to move in. I washed and folded all of your little tiny clothes already. I can’t believe how teeny you are going to be. I seem to get full so much easier now. I ate lunch today at 12:00 and its 8:12 at night and I’m still too full to eat dinner. You have started to get the hiccups about twice a day and at least once at night. They drive me nutty. Imagine me sitting next to you poking you every five seconds in the arm. You wouldn’t like it very much. The only thing that keeps me from going completely crazy is knowing that is supposed to be healthy for you it means you are learning to breath. I have started playing you music that I hope you like. Some of the songs I play you are Lynard Skynards “Simple Man,” Sade’s “By your Side,” and U2’s “ The Sweetest Thing.” I think you like it you don’t kick me when you listen which I assume means you like it. Although I have heard that you can hold very still when you are unhappy. Your little bag is all packed for the hospital and I hope I remembered everything. I’m not really afraid of labor at this point because I am so excited to meet you. Your dad is getting really excited to meet you also. We both talk and wonder about what you will look like. Will you be tan like dad or bright white like mom? Dad is really excited to come home at night after work and hold you. I can’t wait to see the two of you together. I think it is going to make my heart melt. I love it when you kick and move now because I can see it outside of my belly. It is funny because it looks like an alien is inside of my belly like you would see in a movie. Dad thinks it is scary when you do a big move or he sees my belly bounce. It is funny that you move around all day until someone other then me touches my belly. Sometimes you move for dad but not often. In fact at night when you really get going and I can feel your elbows, knees, arms, legs, toes and your nose I have to ask your dad to put his hand on my belly so you will stop moving long enough for me to go to sleep. I think you still like it when I eat frozen yogurt and you are really developing a taste for Mexican food. Everything is a lot spicier to me now so I can’t enjoy some of my favorite foods anymore. Sometimes it is so hot it almost makes me cry. I hope you are like your dad and you can handle spicy foods. I have gone 30 weeks so far with out eating any meat. Then suddenly I woke up this morning and I couldn’t get the thought of ribs and hot dogs out of my mind. I just don’t know what I’m going to do. Maybe I can make a veggie hot dog and that will curve the craving. I’m pretty excited for you to hurry up and be here. We saw some babies in the hospital nursery the other day and I can’t believe how little and red you are going to be. I don’t even know you and I already love you. I think dad feels the same way. His only concern is that you are healthy. Dad has asthma and he is hoping you don’t have that. Mom had to go get a test done this weekend to find out if I have gestational diabetes. I really don’t want to take it because I have to drink a giant glass of sugary soda and then sit for an hour and wait for them to poke me with a needle. However if I don’t hurry up and take it I won’t be able to receive any medicine in the hospital. Okay Brandon I am done babbling to you for tonight. I can’t wait to meet you. I hope you recognize me. I also hope you keep kicking me right up until the day you are born.
Love Mommie

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. COPYRIGHT SHANNON MATEO 2007 DON'T STEAL MY SHIT FUCKERS!

Words I can say

  • Apple
  • Shoe
  • Hot
  • Bye
  • No
  • Ya
  • Baby
  • F**k
  • Sh*t
  • Ball
  • Whoah
  • Uh Oh
  • Cheese
  • Cheeto's
  • Pees (Please)
  • Dog
  • Thanks
  • Mine
  • Nose
  • Papa
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Shannon
  • Elmo