2.09.2007

07.31.06

Dear Brandon,
It is July 31st 2006. You are turning one tomorrow. I can’t believe it has been a year. To me it feels like you are only five months old. Every day you amaze me. At nine months you started walking and I couldn’t believe it. You already say mama and it makes me so happy to hear. Recently you started clapping, climbing, running, throwing, feeding yourself finger foods and playing peek-a-boo (even though you only cover half your eyes). I know I am supposed to be sad that you are getting so old, and although part of me is the rest of me is so happy to watch you grow and learn. You just climbed up on the couch and gave me a kiss. You learned that about a month ago. You woke up one day and rolled over and gave me a kiss and then rolled the other way and kissed daddy. Yes you still sleep with mommy and daddy. I am not ready to leave you all alone yet. At work you have a toddler bed with Superman sheets and you like to sleep in it and also jump in it. You learned to take your diaper off and you think that it is great to run around naked. Last week you pulled your diaper off and peed on the floor in the bathroom and splashed around in it. I couldn’t believe my eyes. So far you have 2 full teeth and three more poking through. Teething has been very hard for you. I feel so bad and I feel even worse when I have to give you Oragel because you really really hate it. Wait I have to go get you daddy went into the shower and you are very upset. We had to compromise and come in the bathroom with him. Your favorite cookies are mini vanilla wafers. You are trying to say daddy but I’m not sure you relate the word to the person yet. I’m not sure you can believe it but I still fall more in love with you every day. I am so crazy for you. I get scared because I think that someday when you are older you will never relize how much I love you. I want you to have everything in life and be as happy as possible. I hope you are never hurt. Although I know those times will come when you will be hurt physically and emotionally I can only hope you come to me for help and advice. I have started singing you to sleep and sometimes I wonder if you just fall asleep so I will quit singing. You are playing with the closet doors right now and you are so happy. You love to open and close them. At work you like to pull out files and empty out grandmas purse. You also know which cabinet has the Apple Jacks for you to go and snack on them. Your birthday is going to be Saturday August 5th at the park by grandma’s house. I hope you have a great time. I am decorating it with fun colors and colors that match your outfit. Dad and I have already started a savings account for you and you have over $3,000.00 already. The cool part is that for each dollar you put in you ear rocky bucks and you can use them to buy neat things at the bank. Already you have a couple rocky bucks. I am trying not to yell at you when you are bad because I don’t want you to be afraid of me. I just tried putting you in your playpen for time out. I’ve never done that before but lately you really like hitting people and I don’t want you to keep doing it. Okay you are crying now so I guess I will go get you. Anyway son I hope you had a wonderful first year of life. I love you so much it makes my heart feel like exploding. I hope that all the rest of your years only continue to get better. I love you my son so very much. Okay son we just got you to sleep and I am embarrassed to admit I have started to cry. I guess I am a little sad that you are growing up so quickly. Your dad just said before we know it you will be graduating high school and I can’t even think about that. Have I told you my favorite part of you is the back of your head. I love the way it curves and the way your hair is. I can stare at the back of your head for hours. I love to watch you play and look at your neck and your hair and your body and just see how you have grown. I really love you son. I love you more then any thing on this planet. In fact you are my planet. My whole world revolves around you. I can’t imagine not having you. I don’t know what I did with my day before you were born. You fell asleep on your dad. I just took some pictures of you two so when I scrap book this page I can put a picture of you when you were a newborn on him and I can put a picture of you now. That way we can see how much you have grown. Okay well I just wanted to come back and tell you that I can’t wait to see what a man you will turn into but I’m thoroughly enjoying having my little boy with me now. Again my son I love you with all of my heart♥
Mom

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. COPYRIGHT SHANNON MATEO 2007 DON'T STEAL MY SHIT FUCKERS!

Words I can say

  • Apple
  • Shoe
  • Hot
  • Bye
  • No
  • Ya
  • Baby
  • F**k
  • Sh*t
  • Ball
  • Whoah
  • Uh Oh
  • Cheese
  • Cheeto's
  • Pees (Please)
  • Dog
  • Thanks
  • Mine
  • Nose
  • Papa
  • Dada
  • Mama
  • Shannon
  • Elmo